A definition of duplication says, "What I'm about to do with you, you must be able to be do immediately with the next person you meet with or without my help, whether that person lives across the street, across town or across the country."
In other words, to be successful, we must follow a system, and not re-invent the wheel. That is why I have been studying so closely what the top leaders in my organization have done, so that I can follow in their footsteps and teach all of my distributors how to climb to the top of the mountain as well!
When my sponsor first introduced me to the opportunity, he skillfully outlined the benefits of involvement, and created rich content. Then, he made an appointment to speak with me again for a training call within 2 days. Then, Morticia addams costume he had me create my vision and my list. Then, he sent me an email called, "Mastering the Invitation." It said something like this:
[Prospect], there is something that I'm currently working on, and I expect it to be a way in which we both can benefit. Do you have a few minutes this week or next so I can explain what I have in mind?
Then, I set up some 3 way calls with my prospects and my sponsor. I enrolled 10 people that first month! That is when I decided that the SYSTEM works.
Basically, here is the system that we want to learn:
1. Prospecting and Mastering the Invitation (making your list and commit to speaking to at least 2 people a day about your opportunity)
2. Presentation
a) In person, I use the print out of the company's opportunity presentation, put it in a binder and show it to people with great success
b) or I email someone, saying very little, no more than I'm working on with a business partner, something that I think will benefit the both of us, and might they have 10 minutes to hear what we are working on? I set up a call (and if my sponsor is available 3 ways are the most effective)
3. Follow Up
I follow up with an email with some links to check out (generally I include a link to the ingredients, testimonials, and a company product video) and/or by sending the person some samples to try, along with the company brochure and postcards that I print out from the back office.
4. More follow up and enrollment
5. Duplication - teaching those we sign up to do the same
When involving a personally sponsored distributor, there must be accountability, structure, support and praise - that way we will get the duplication, and that is what makes this whole thing work! We need to, within 48 hours of enrollment, set up a training call. We need to have our distributors create their vision statement, and their list of prospects, and teach them how to master the invitation. Then, we need to keep and hold them accountable, shadow them, and give them the support and praise they deserve and need so they can then duplicate the system.
I am reading a book by Frank Bettger called, How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling. Bettger tells a story about how he had been a minor league baseball player but got fired from his original team because he looked lazy. He explained that he was just being cautious and didn't want to make any mistakes, but when he got hired by the next team, he vowed that no one would call him lazy ever again. So, he started to act enthusiastic. They began calling him "Pep" Bettger and within ten days, they upped his salary from $25/week to $185/week! And that was back in 1907! So let's also not forget to infuse enthusiasm into our prospecting!
Please visit Sally Shields on the web at http://www.sallyshields.com for contest giveaways, free bonus gifts, The DIL Rules newsletter and more! Or visit http://www.theDILRules.blogspot.com for more info.
No comments:
Post a Comment